The ORACLE Control System is the core of our elektraDRIVE line of
products. Almost two years in development, we set out to make the
ultimate multi-function controller for our line of electronic products.
The ORACLE Control System is interchangeable between multiple products like our REVOLUTION head and elektraDRIVE motor pods for Kessler sliders.
ORACLE v3 SL - Quick Start - iOS
ORACLE v3 SL - Quick Start - Print
ORACLE v3 SL - Manual
ORACLE v2.06.2 SL
ORACLE v2.04 SL
Supported Features & Specifications:
- Backlit LCD display with menu and setting values.
- Fully adjustable controls for Max Speed, Dampening, & Dead Band.
- Movement Recording / Memory Function with three memory banks.
- Battery meter for ORACLE battery
- SmartLapse WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Timelapse mode
- Assignable Premium Multi-Function Joystick controls
- Built-in intervalometer with stand alone, continuous motion, shoot-move-shoot, & stop motion modes (requires Camera Control Module accessory).
- Intervalometer capable of 0.25 sec exposure time for fast shutter (if camera can support the frame rate)
- 2nd axis control while in "Slider" Mode. Control slide and one axis of Revolution Head or Turntable with one ORACLE controller.
NOTE:You can use the TILT and SLIDER function independently
with the same controller. You will need the Crossover Cable & Coupler to access the PAN function while using the slider.
- Cabling is CAT5 / CAT6 cable with RJ45 connectors (standard network cable). NO EXPENSIVE PROPRIETARY CABLES!!
- Powered by standard AC power supply with wall plug, or optional 12v DC adapter and battery pack.
As of firmware v2.06.1SL, you can control the elektraDRIVE motor of a slider and one axis of the Revolution Head or the Turntable while in slider mode. To perform 3-axis movements with
both the Revolution Head and a elektraDRIVE motor for a slider at the
same time, you will need two controllers.
To utilize the intervalometer functionality of the ORACLE, you will need the Camera Control Module.
Included in the Package:
- 1 - ORACLE Controller (v3 SL)
- 1 - 100v-240v input (50-60Hz, 1.4A) AC Power Supply w/ North America Wall Plug.
- 1 - 25ft CAT5 Cable
- 1 - 1 to 2 way CAT5 Splitter
ORACLE Firmware Change
Update that disabled the joystick while in camera mode to prevent any unwanted movement
-Updated timer display. Reads hours, minutes,
-Added “cruise control” feature to toggle holding of
-Improved SmartLapse® record speed and playback accuracy.
-Stop Motion now allows you to take as many pictures as you need before moving on to the next point.
-Simple mode now allows you to make a move while in the set up menu
-Added MENU to finish live recording.
-Added splash screen to say saved after done with a
-Corrected an occasional glitch that could cause
SmartLapse® playback to lurch at the beginning.
-Added timer to Intervalometer Only.
-Incorporated Shoot-Move-Shoot & Continuous Intervalometer into Advanced mode
-Added "saved" splash screen after recording to confirm the recording was saved.
-Overall better flow/more intuitive menu design that allows scrolling through menus by moving the joystick left/right.
Made selecting smart and live record through the menu system work the same as
pressing the button direct.
A variable was not getting updated
correctly. Playbacks would have wrong pulse format depending if slider or head
Enabled Simple Mode in menu and change
default power from 40 to 60.
In time lapse while in head operation, turned on braking between pulses.
Added a delay timer to the beginning of smart lapse and advanced play.
Changed the timing of scrolling and worked some on time scale routine to
Fixed a bug in the timing when a remainder sometimes added time to the shoot
move shoot pulses and to the single pulse modes instead of adding to the off
time on the changed pulse setup of 2.06.5SL.
Changed smart lapse head mode to brake during off time instead of running low
energy to reduce mismatch on play back.
Synced smart move pulses to be more consistent each pass.
Shortened pulses in head & slider modes to give finer control.
Made delay of off time in smart lapse vary with the maximum power setting to
allow faster records of the same amount of record points.
Fixed a variable setup that kept tilt/axis2 from moving in advanced
motion control when continuous mode for camera was selected.
New menu layout
Battery meter for ORACLE battery
Assignable joystick controls
Built-in intervalometer with stand alone, continuous motion,
shoot-move-shoot, & stop motion modes (requires Camera Control Module
capable of 0.25 sec exposure time for fast shutter (if camera can support the
2nd axis control
while in "Slider" Mode. Control slide and one axis of Revolution Head
or Turntable with one ORACLE controller.